Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » Retek (10.1.9)
Retek [message #357339] Wed, 05 November 2008 00:14 Go to next message
user71408
Hi All,

Can any one please let me know,
What is RETEK and What is "Retek Merchandising System(RMS)"?
Why we use RMS and what is the functionality of this .

Thank you
Re: Retek [message #357343 is a reply to message #357339] Wed, 05 November 2008 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, "Retek" is a word which can be entered into Google's search field and - once you press the "Search" button, Google will return pages which are related to this term. The next step is to left-mouse-click on a blue underlined text which is, actually, a link to a page which will provide more useful information. In order to find out what these information might be, user is required to keep his/her eyes open and read the text, comprehend what's been read and ... well, that's probably it.
Re: Retek [message #357363 is a reply to message #357343] Wed, 05 November 2008 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
user71408
Hi ,

I am getting the details for AAFES and am getting many docs on RMS. But I want to know basic things.So please let me know . I can't understand clearly the functionality.There I can find Purchase Orders and Warehouse, Forecast indicator,UOM and all...
Please let me know what exactly RMS?

Thank you.
Re: Retek [message #357375 is a reply to message #357363] Wed, 05 November 2008 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, I have to inform you that the person who told you that studying, researching and learning is an easy and instant process - lied. It is just the opposite.
Re: Retek [message #393677 is a reply to message #357375] Tue, 24 March 2009 01:23 Go to previous message
bahubcd
Hi user71408,

RETEK was a company providing products needed for a Retail Platform. The products included Retek Merchandising Systems(RMS), Warehouse managament systems (WMS) Invoicing, POS and a lot of them. RMS is basically an application built in forms to create your merchandise, setup and maintain hierarchy for stores and merchandise and create purchase orders for the same. In short RMS has all the functionality that one can expect to do with a merchandise item in Retail world.

Later on RETEK was bought by Oracle and Oracle sells retek products now as Oracle Retail Products. Its a very hot product in the market currently. And the happiest part of it for me is Most of the Retek applications are built in Oracle Forms which makes it very interesting. I am a RETEK developer in forms since last 3 years and I really felt development in forms is the best way to exhibit your creative skills.

I just want to thank all the Senior members in this forum who help new comers like us to pick up with Oracle forms so easily. This is the only Forum in Forms I feel where 70% of your doubts are already answered in existing threads and we can directly use the tried and tested methods. Hats Off to Orafaq and its members who dedicate their time to this website.

Regards,
Bahubcd
Previous Topic: FREE Online books for SAP - ALL MODULES
Next Topic: Interface Documents for Customer Item & Bills of Material
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:28 CDT 2024