Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle 10g ODAC error (10g, Windows 2008 Server R2)
Oracle 10g ODAC error [message #487135] Thu, 23 December 2010 02:11
joydeepu
/forum/fa/8551/0/1. While deploying a ASP.NET app. on Win2k8 R2 server, the following error appeared:

The 'ORAOLEDB.ORACLE.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

System.InvalidOperationException: The 'ORAOLEDB.ORACLE.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

[InvalidOperationException: The 'ORAOLEDB.ORACLE.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.]
_Default.btnLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3768
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

The database is Oracle 10g running on a linux box.I was told ODAC must be installed. While installing Oracle 10g ODAC(ODAC10203x64.zip) on Win2008 ServerR2(I'm deploying an ASP.NET application on this server; the Oracle 10g database being on a linux box), the following error occurred and the installation stopped:

Java 2 platform Standard Edition binary has stopped working. Windows can check...

I checked again to confirm that Java latest JRE is actually installed on this server; however, the error persists.

Any solutions ?

(The ODAC was downloaded from the following link:
oracle.com/technetwork/d...dex-090165.html
)

-Joy
Previous Topic: Cannot Connect
Next Topic: Arabic text saved using odp in varchar2 field becomes '????'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:51:45 CDT 2024