Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine
OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #100992] Sun, 14 March 2004 19:08 Go to next message
pratap
Hi all,

Iam using ASP.NET(C#) and oracle 9i client(runtime)

Iam getting the above subject error when i try to connect to my database. Do i have to install any other resources.. ? Any help would be appreciated..

Pratap
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101013 is a reply to message #100992] Fri, 26 March 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ploure
I´m having the same problem with SQL Server MSDE. In a workstation where i installed MSDE. I can access it from a remote machine but in this one i cannot.

Thanks.
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101028 is a reply to message #101013] Tue, 30 March 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nico
Dear friends:
I have the same problem , My vb program give the same message , How could I reinstall the OLEDB driver ?
Best Regard
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101221 is a reply to message #100992] Thu, 24 June 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mostafa
please, i face a problem when i connect to oracle by application of as.net using msora.1 or oledboracle.oracle.1 this message result
"OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine"
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101419 is a reply to message #101221] Tue, 21 September 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Harper
This is an authentication problem which can be resolved as follows:-
Open Explorer and select the ORACLE_HOME directory, e.g. c:OracleOra92
Right click on the directory and look at its properties.
Go to the Security tab and select Authenticated Users.
Unclick and then re-click the Read & Execute permission under the Allow column.
Click the advanced button and ensure that the Authenticated Users entry allows Read & Execute on This Folder,subfolders and files.
Click OK and then Apply.
Reboot the machine and all should be OK.
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101493 is a reply to message #101419] Mon, 01 November 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray Schweighofer
The previous security suggestion is correct but I have found that you may also need to grant permissions to the ASP.NET, IWAM_ and IUSR_ accounts as described with checking that all subdirectories inherit the same permissions.
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101530 is a reply to message #101493] Mon, 22 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nirvan
I have completed all the steps as described above. But I still get the same error. I have checked the Ora92/bin directory. I don't see any dll OraOLEDB*.*.
So, I guess I need install OraOLEDB.Oracle provider.
Please inform me if any of you know where I can get it.
Thanks,
Nirvan
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #101678 is a reply to message #101530] Fri, 18 February 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiro
This error message is caused by the Authenticated User definition for the Oracle Folder. Dave's instruction should work.
Re: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 Provider is not registered on the local machine [message #352298 is a reply to message #101419] Tue, 07 October 2008 00:27 Go to previous message
janebush08
Dave Harper wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 08:39
This is an authentication problem which can be resolved as follows:-
Open Explorer and select the ORACLE_HOME directory, e.g. c:OracleOra92
Right click on the directory and look at its properties.
Go to the Security tab and select Authenticated Users.
Unclick and then re-click the Read & Execute permission under the Allow column.
Click the advanced button and ensure that the Authenticated Users entry allows Read & Execute on This Folder,subfolders and files.
Click OK and then Apply.
Reboot the machine and all should be OK.

Yes what dave has said should work properly...

[Updated on: Tue, 07 October 2008 00:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Installation Of Oracle8i
Next Topic: start oracle services by batch file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:10:29 CDT 2024